I have greatly expanded the blogs I frequent on a day to day basis…guess the “new car smell” hair phenomenon is gone. I was wandering around the black blogsphere and I found DJ Black Adam had completed an interview. Hmm…nothing in particular I have to blog about…I want an interview too!
1. How long have you been natural?
Hmmm…I stopped relaxing in October of 2005. I got locked in June of 2006 and I cut off my relaxed ends in September of 2006…so depends on your definition…I go by October 2005.
2. Do you ever get ignorant people who tell you how long your hair would be “If you had a perm”?
Hmmm…have I gotten that yet? I don’t think so…I have gotten
1. Your weave looked better/I miss it
2. Your relaxed hair looked better
I am SURE that statement will come when I see people in person. Since I moved back to NY I haven’t traveled much, so people have been making statements based on photos. I am sure I will hear that soon.
3. Do you have tips for a bald brotha with a receding hair line who might get a hair graft in order to grow locks? (basically, will it work?)
Damn…I’m stumped. I will default and say that you can make anything happen if you are willing to pay for it. 🙂 Oh…and if you find someone who knows what they are doing…
4. Do you lock for any spiritual reason, or is it cultural or just because you wanted to?
A mixture of the cultural and “because I wanted to.” I initially locked when I lived in Indiana (hell.) I pretty much lived happily in my Negro bubble (NY public schools and an HBCU) until I jumped into the corporate world. I didn’t react the way I had hoped…I didn’t like it! Bring the black people back!!! I got REALLY into black culture and history and read any and everything I could get my hands on. I wasn’t/am not militant…just aware. 🙂
So…after I got back from Homecomingin 2005 I decided I was done with relaxing. It isn’t necessary to be successful…and although I am not the most religious, I believe that God doesn’t make mistakes and if my hair was ‘spose to be straight…guess what? it would be.
I always knew when I would go natural it would be locks…period
5. Who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman, and why?
Hmmm…Superman…because his body is better! lol.
So….hey everyone! If you wish to do this:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions. (They probably won’t be the same ones you see above!)
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.