Back in October of 2005 after I got back from HU’s homecoming…I decided that I was NOT relaxing my hair anymore. At the time I had no idea what sisterlocks were…so I decided I would just get kinky twists…grow my hair out, chop and lock. (I should copyright that before someone puts a beat to it and makes a song out of it ::rolls eyes::)
But then I found Sisterlocks! Thank goodness for the Internet!!! because when I was locked…I had not seen Sisterlocks in person…I was just going off of pictures. (Thank you Paulette)
I found these pics I took the morning after my installation…impatient friends harassed me until I took pics with my camera phone.
I was locked two days after my 24th birthday…so next month it will be a year with Sisterlocks! Hmmm…since I discovered Sisterlocks in mid-May 2006…what has changed?
1. I am at my 3rd company. lol. They say my generation will have no issues bouncing from job to job if they’re not happy…I guess they’re right, lol. In August, I left mid-sized insurance company in the Midwest to come to ginormous insurance company in NYC, and now I am at utility company in NYC. How many interviews have I been on since I have had Sisterlocks?!? 7 for my 3rd rotation that I didn’t take, 4 different companies when I wanted to come to NY, 3 to get this job…ok…14 interviews with locks… Excuse me…what was that you said about locks being unprofessional? 🙂
2. Well…I am back in NY. YEAH! When I graduated college I NEVER thought I would want to come back…hmm…never say never
3. Mr. Nicolay Phonte! He’s so fly…I LOVE owning a dog.
4. I realized how ignorant some of my male friends are. My goodness…its not like I quit my corporate job and ran off into the woods to raise ferrets…I locked my hair. The things you find out about people…
5. I haven’t lost any weight! lol. Wait…that’s not funny.
6. All of my skin care products are all natural and from black owned companies…now if only I would stop eating garbage.
7. I don’t wear high heels anymore! Like not at all…I think I still own a few pairs…maybe…but yeah, no. WHen I was interviewing for my job in NYC I was wearing heels…somehow all the walk/running around Manhattan…the shoe cut my foot! Then I go to the doctor…an infection?!? Excuse me? Nah…I’m good. I don’t need to elongate anything anyway…I’m 6’1, my legs are long enough…
Yeah…I think that’s enough.
Picture comparison to follow in a month…after my (gag) birthday…
I don’t want to turn 25…and you can’t make me!!!